Macha tea originates from Japan. Macha tea is made from the leaves of the same plant as any other tea, however with most type of teas the process of consuming or preparation is different. Macha tea is prepared by grinding the tea leaves into very fine powder usually using a special stone. The powder then dissolved in hot water and consumed as tea.
Benefits of macha tea over regularly brewed green tea:
Since macha tea is grounded up green tea leaves, you consume all of the leaves with all its nutrients, therefore one cup of macha tea has approximately 10 times more nutrients and approximately 100 times more antioxidants than green tea.
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Helps preventing diseases
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol