News:

Iranian filmmaker sentenced to 8 years in prison
for showing his film ...

Main Menu

Star Wars I: Phantom Menace 25th Anniversary is a hit

Started by FWN Adm, May 08, 2024, 07:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWN Adm

Disney has re-released it's first episode of the Star Wars saga THE PHANTOM MENACE on it's 25th anniversary which became an instant hit all over again and brought in $1.5 million on the opening weekend, making it to #2 on the box office spot behind FALL GUY. With a further $287,480 on Monday from ticket sales the re-issue came to almost $1.85 million in total as addition to the $70.5 million from the original release. The combined figures push it back into the top 30 highest-grossing films of all time in the territory.

In addition to battle droids, podracers, Jar Jar, Darth Maul, and all of the Episode I goodness, fans will also be treated to an exclusive look at The Acolyte, the upcoming Disney+ series, as part of The Phantom Menace screenings. Also in celebration of the 25th anniversary of The Phantom Menace, fans will have the chance to experience the entire Skywalker Saga in theaters this May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day. The Phantom Menace, Episode I of the Star Wars saga and the first film in the prequel trilogy, originally arrived in cinemas on May 19, 1999, following tremendous hype. Written and directed by George Lucas, it introduced the world to young Anakin Skywalker, Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Padmé Amidala, and the evil Sith duo, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul. The Phantom Menace would be a landmark in the development of visual effects and become one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Visit the Official News on StarWars.com for Star Wars Episode I re-release.