News:

Canada's Writer Guild voted for strike if no deal is reached...

Main Menu

Michelle Yeoh - first Oscar nominated Asian Best Actress

Started by FWN Adm, March 01, 2023, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWN Adm

With several decades behind her in her career in films Michelle Yeoh (age 60 now) became the first Asian actress to be nominated for 'Best Actress' award at the Oscars. Her new film - made in Hollywood - titled 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' where she is playing the main role finally got the academy notice her.

With mostly films in Asia Michelle is already a veteran and several supporting role in such films as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (also Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny), James Bond's Tomorrow Never Dies, and also Crazy Rich Asians she was not yet recognized personally for her performances.

"It's taken a long time. But I think this is more than me," Yeoh told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday after the nominations were announced, speaking of the historic nod. "At the present moment, constantly, all the time, having Asians walking up to me saying, 'You can do it, you're doing it for us.' It's like, 'I understand. I totally understand.' All this time, they've not been recognized, they've not been heard."

Congratulations to Michelle and wishing her best of luck both at the awards and her future career!

View the Official Trailer for Everything Everywhere All at Once

Also view a 2022 interview with Michelle about her career in films