News:

Canada's Writer Guild voted for strike if no deal is reached...

Main Menu

Berlin Film Festival welcomes first woman director

Started by FWN Adm, December 12, 2023, 07:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWN Adm

"I truly welcome Tricia Tuttle, a female artistic director of the Berlinale. I think it was time that one of the big festivals has a woman as the leading person. So cheers to that!" said producer Janine Jackowski, co-founder of Komplizen Film whose production of Nadav Lapid's Synonyms won the Golden Bear in 2019.

This sentiment was shared by Christine Berg, president of the German exhibitors association HDF Kino. "Tricia Tuttle has an outstanding reputation as an expert in the international festival business and, together with the experienced Berlinale team, she will further strengthen this renowned and extraordinarily important festival for Germany," she said.

Christian Bräuer, wearing all of his three hats as managing director of Berlin's Yorck-Kino chain of cinemas, chairman of the AG Kino - Gilde arthouse cinemas association and president of CICAE, pointed out the future Berlinale director "knows all sides of the industry including the creative side of production as well as distribution and festivals. She is regarded as a great team player, a very passionate woman with a positive character. That's what we need at the Berlinale and we are looking forward to working with her."

"I know the arthouse sector in the UK will be sad to lose her," Bräuer added. "I have heard only very good things from the colleagues at the Watershed [Media Centre in Bristol] where she has been a board member. They are pleased for us and for her."

The Berlin Film Festival will be held 15-25 February 2024 in Berlin, Germany, for more information please visit the Official Website